Can't Keep a Good [Wo]Man Down

After Friday's soreness and gaining a pound this weekend I was not feeling great about my progress, but I got out and got back to it today. 

 

I'm so glad I did. I not only shaved a minute off my mile time, but walked 4.5 miles. I only set out to walk my regular 3, but I felt so great that I pushed on. I was going to walk more but I have two papers due today by midnight. Thankfully I got one done before my walk, but I still lack 3 pages on the last one. In the past I would have used the classwork to procrastinate walking/exercise and now I'm using exercise to procrastinate classwork! 

While walking the song "Can't Keep a Good Man Down" by Alabama came on. Now I realize that a lot of people have had larger set backs and recovered, but in the past this little setback would have been enough to stop me. Some of the lyrics hit a chord with me today... 

Oh enough is enough I won't take anymore 
I'm picking myself up off the floor 

Cause you can't keep a good man down 
You can't keep a good man down 

Gonna dress up in my finest 
Clothes that I own 
And take it to the streets 

Now you thought you could break me 
Add me to your list 
Notch me on your gun 
Let me tell you this 
I've got news for you baby 
I don't break that easily 

I'll be out there on the scene 
Hangin' with my friends 
This world's gonna see 
Me smilin' again 
I'm taking some time 
To erase you from my memory 

It's Day 16 and I'm ready for more! I also did an upper body workout after my walk and am planning on some Gold's Gym and Country Dance on Wii later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Reducing Joy: A Weight Loss Journey © 2012 | Designed by Cheap Hair Accessories

Thanks to: Sovast Extensions Wholesale, Sovast Accessories Wholesale and Sovast Hair