5K W/J W1/D2

Day 2 of the 5K Your Way Walk/Jog Training Program: 
Walk for 4 minutes, then jog for 1 minute. Repeat 4 more times. 
(Total workout time: 25 minutes) 

Today I actually got out of bed before 9am! Doesn't sound like a big accomplishment but for a teacher on summer break who is not a morning person, I count it as a mission accomplished. It really helped with my outside workout. There's quite a bit of difference (at least mentally) between Mississippi heat at 8:30/9 compared to 11:30/12. I also didn't push myself quite as hard, which I generally think of as a bad thing, but according to the training program I was supposed to skip today anyway. It allowed me to actually focus on the music, which really helps me. Yesterday I couldn't tell you a single song I listened to. Also my iHeartRadio App didn't cut out a bit. Little things excite me :) 

I didn't make the 15 minute mile today, but I did make 16! Not only that but I walked an additional 1.9 miles afterward. I was planning on a "cool down" mile/lap, but I just keep going. I guess its true that it gets easier. All in all I walked almost 3.5 miles (3.43 to be exact) in 65 minutes. A 5k is "only" about 3.105 miles so I know I can make the distance. Now I just need to work on my time! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Reducing Joy: A Weight Loss Journey © 2012 | Designed by Cheap Hair Accessories

Thanks to: Sovast Extensions Wholesale, Sovast Accessories Wholesale and Sovast Hair